The EAL Learner website is designed to provide:
- support for educators who work with learners of English as an Additional Language
- a meeting and sharing point for teachers of EAL learners
EAL/D refers to those students whose home language is a language or dialect other than Standard Australian English (SAE) and who require additional support to develop proficiency in SAE.
This website describes:
- Who EAL learners are – characteristic of EAL learners, including new arrival and refugee students, and factors in successful additional language learning
- How I help them to learn – for teachers of EAL students – necessary knowledge about pedagogy and language that will enable teachers to effectively support EAL learners
- Partnerships for learning – whole school approaches, families, CESA EAL program, external agencies
Use the search bar to find specific information
At the bottom of each page there is a blog space for you to post related comments and questions and we encourage your contributions.
What questions or comments might you have about this?